Student Peacemaking Fellowships

Young people bring talent, determination, and ingenuity to addressing some of the most pressing challenges to achieving peace. Like other skills, peacemaking requires practice to develop.

Marquette undergraduate and graduate students can apply for up to $2,500 to deepen their understanding of nonviolence and social change by engaging in local or global peacemaking efforts. Funding is for summer projects.

We encourage students to use their creativity when designing a fellowship project. While all projects are required to advance nonviolent peacemaking, we recognize that peacemaking is an interdisciplinary field that allows for broad application.

Apply for a fellowship

Please complete the online form to apply. Applications are due February 19, 2024.

Note: Please contact Chris Jeske if you encounter any technical issues.

Featured fellows

Learn about some previous fellows and their summer projects:

How to design a fellowship

We highly recommend students to meet with Chris Jeske to share their interest in a fellowship and to discuss their proposed project before completing the application.

Undergraduate fellowships

Choose from one of the following project designs:

  • Create a self-designed, self-managed project
  • Intern with an established peacemaking or community organization
  • Conduct research independently or as part of a student-faculty partnership
  • Participate in a structured peace-building program or delegation

If you are struggling to come up with an idea on your own, browse our list of potential projects and placements.

Graduate fellowships

There is only one project design:

  • Conduct research independently or as part of a student-faculty partnership

Graduate fellowships require submission of their completed work for publication in a scholarly journal within a year following the fellowship.

International fellowships

All fellowship proposals (undergraduate and graduate) that include international travel are required to receive preliminary approval from the Office of International Education. If your proposal includes international travel, please complete and return the international travel form.