The Global Scholar award recognizes the importance of diverse world views and international perspectives within the Marquette University community. This competitive award covers tuition based on a student’s high academic achievement, demonstrated interest in global perspectives and the student’s potential for providing significant global contributions to the Marquette community. It is awarded annually to up to three talented freshmen international students who will first enroll in the fall semester with F-1 visa status. Students in all academic fields will be considered.
The scholarship is renewable each year of the recipient’s four-year (eight-semester) undergraduate program, provided that the student remains in good academic standing. Global Scholars are expected to initiate and contribute to global engagement activities within the campus and Milwaukee communities each year of the award.
The application is available for admitted students on the student status page.
- Tuition ($45,860 for 2022-2023) - 3 awards available
- High school senior who will enter Marquette as a freshman (first-year)
- High school is located outside the United States
- Minimum 3.25 GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale) in all college-preparatory courses
- Demonstrated leadership in school and larger community that displays a global perspective
- International student who will enroll with non-immigrant F-1 visa status
- Apply for admission into Marquette. You must submit all application materials for admission to Marquette University and be admitted before the February 1 Global Scholar deadline.
- Required materials
- Global Scholar application (available on your student status page).
- Essay: Marquette's motto is Be the Difference. Describe how you have been the difference in your community. As a Global Scholar, how will you build on these experiences to be the difference at Marquette? How will you continue to be the difference in the world after completing your studies at Marquette? (300-500 words)
- One letter of recommendation: The recommendation letter should explain your experiences with and interests in global issues.
- School activities list or resume
- Submit your application and all materials/attachments together.
- Final candidates will be asked to participate in a video interview.