Pre-dental Scholars Program
Marquette has a long history of preparing undergraduates for professional school. In order to better serve some of our students who are interested in dentistry, Marquette has developed the Pre-dental Scholars Program, an accelerated program for students to receive the benefits of a liberal arts education while enjoying conditional acceptance to Marquette's School of Dentistry. Pre-dental Scholars complete a bachelor's degree and a dental degree in seven years rather than the eight years normally required.
Marquette enrolls a maximum of 10 students each year in the Pre-dental Scholars Program. Pre-dental Scholars immediately receive conditional acceptance to the School of Dentistry, the only dental school in Wisconsin. By fulfilling the requirements to remain in the program, Pre-dental Scholars are guaranteed full acceptance to the School of Dentistry by the end of their junior year.
- All semifinalists will be notified in mid-February.
- Semifinalists are required to attend the Pre-Dental Scholars Interview Day on Sunday, February 24, 2019. Interviews will be conducted on campus. Additional details will be provided in mid-February.
- Students selected to become part of the program will be notified in mid-March.
- High school rank in the top 25 percent (when applicable)
- Minimum SAT combined score of 1280 or minimum ACT composite score of 27 (with individual scores above 24)
- One year of biology and chemistry (physics recommended)
- Three years of college-preparatory math, including trigonometry
- Two or more years of a foreign language
- Students must enroll as a biological sciences, biomedical sciences, or physiological sciences major.
- Download the Scholars Programs instructions.
This packet of materials will guide you through program requirements.
- Apply for admission into Marquette.
You'll need to have a completed application on file to apply for Scholars Programs.
- Apply for Scholars Programs online. Using this link, choose "Log in" under Returning User and enter your Marquette Application Account access credentials. (Access information was sent to the email address you used when applying.) Click "Start New Application" to begin.