Pre-dental Scholars Program
Marquette has a long history of preparing undergraduates for professional school. In order to better serve some of our students who are interested in dentistry, Marquette has developed the Pre-dental Scholars Program, an accelerated program for students to receive the benefits of a liberal arts education while enjoying conditional acceptance to Marquette's School of Dentistry. Pre-dental Scholars complete a bachelor's degree and a dental degree in seven years rather than the eight years normally required.
Marquette enrolls a maximum of 10 students each year in the Pre-dental Scholars Program. Pre-dental Scholars immediately receive conditional acceptance to the School of Dentistry, the only dental school in Wisconsin. By fulfilling the requirements to remain in the program, Pre-dental Scholars are guaranteed full acceptance to the School of Dentistry by the end of their junior year.
Scholars Program Information
- February 1 (10 spaces available)
- All semifinalists will be notified in late-February.
- Semifinalists must participate in a virtual interview weekend scheduled for March 4-5, 2023. Additional details will be provided in late-February.
- Students selected to become part of the program will be notified in mid-March.
- High school rank in the top 25 percent (when applicable)
- Minimum SAT combined score of 1280 or minimum ACT composite score of 27 (with individual scores above 24)*
- One year of biology and chemistry (physics recommended)
- Three years of college-preparatory math, including trigonometry
- Two or more years of a foreign language
- Students must enroll as a biological sciences, biomedical sciences, or physiological sciences major.
*Applicants applying under the test-optional policy are eligible to apply and will be given equal consideration. The average cumulative unweighted high school GPA for semi-finalists was a 3.95.
You must submit your application for admission to Marquette in order to apply for additional scholarships. Once you have applied, you will find the application for Fall 2023 Scholarships and Scholars Programs on your application status page.
Application Status Page