As a Catholic, Jesuit university located in an urban environment, Marquette University is committed to educating talented students from its surrounding community. Inspired by this commitment, the university proudly sponsors the Urban Scholars Program, which provides up to 45 full-tuition scholarships to high school seniors from the Milwaukee area.
The Urban Scholars Program seeks but is not limited to first-generation college students from financially disadvantaged backgrounds who show great academic promise and commitment to enhancing their community through intentional action and involvement. Review for this scholarship is based on academic merit and an assessment of demonstrated financial need as determined by the FAFSA or Net Price Calculator. Citizenship is not a factor in the awarding of this scholarship.
The award is renewable each year of the recipient’s four-year (eight-semester) undergraduate program, provided that the student remains in good academic standing and files the FAFSA or Net Price Calculator annually. A number of housing scholarships will be offered when available; for students who do not receive a housing scholarship, if eligible, the Federal Pell Grant may be applied to room and board. For additional program details about this award, review the applicable Award Information Guide, available from the Office of Student Financial Aid at marquette.edu/financialaid.
- Full tuition (45 awards available)
- Priority given to applicants from the City of Milwaukee
- Priority given to first-generation students (i.e. neither parent graduated from college)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in college preparatory courses
- Demonstrated leadership in curricular and extracurricular activities
- Students who identify as Black, African-American or of African descent encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or Net Price Calculator
You must submit your application for admission to Marquette in order to apply for additional scholarships. Once you have applied, you will find the application for Fall 2023 Scholarships and Scholars Programs on your application status page.
Application Status Page