Ready to Transfer? Begin Your Application
Transfer students apply for direct admission into one of Marquette’s undergraduate colleges. Review the majors and minors offered before submitting.
- From the time we receive your required academic credentials, the review process takes about three weeks. For data regarding our transfer students, browse our handout here!
- During the review, an official credit evaluation of your completed college courses is conducted and applicants are considered for the Pere Marquette Award. An official evaluation of your credits, academic advising contact, and scholarship award is mailed along with the admission letter.
This is not an application for international students. International students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents should visit the Office of International Education for a full listing of specific international student application requirements and online application instructions.
Apply for Admission
Choose to complete and submit either the Marquette application or the Common App.
- For Spring entry term: December 1 (notification will begin in September)
- Students applying for Nursing: notification will begin in December. Please submit the transfer application by December 1.
- For Fall entry term: July 1 (notification will begin in January)
- Students applying for Nursing: notification will begin in May. Please submit the transfer application by May 1.
What you'll need to complete your application:
- Official college transcripts from each institution you've attended
- Final high school transcript(s)
- For students with less than 30 college credits completed, this is required for admission review.
- For students with 30 or more college credits completed, this is required before your first day of class at Marquette.
Other items you might submit:
- Personal statement and extracurricular activities list (submitted in application or separately)
- Upper level IB scores and AP exam scores for additional credit
- Letters of recommendation