What Can You Do With a Major in Exercise Physiology?
Exercise physiology major careers and jobs
Ready to go straight into the work force? The major in exercise physiology prepares you for a career as an exercise physiologist, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation professional, corporate/community health and wellness specialist, strength & conditioning specialist, or for management in the health and fitness industry. Marquette’s exercise physiology major also offers a pre-professional track, which prepares you for graduate and professional education in such fields as physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician assistant studies, nursing, medicine, clinical exercise physiology, exercise and rehabilitation science, sports analytics, and public health.
Jobs for exercise physiology majors
So what can you do with a major in exercise physiology? Marquette's graduates find work in hospital and rehabilitation settings, within the performance and fitness industry, and with professional and college sports, and more. Here are some example organizations where our exercise physiology majors have gone to intern or work:
- Professional Sports Teams: Milwaukee Brewers (MLB), Chicago Sky (WNBA), New Orleans Saints (NFL), Philadelphia Flyers (NHL), Milwaukee Bucks (NBA)
- Clinical: Froedtert Memorial Hospital, Mayo Clinic, University of Chicago Medical Center, Lurie Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- University Settings: Marquette, Duke, North Carolina-Chapel Hill, Arizona State, Stanford
- Performance: EXOS, NX Level Sports Performance
- Adaptive Fitness: Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute, Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Additional resources for exercise physiology careers