Why Pursue M.A. Studies in Philosophy at Marquette?
We offer two specializations in our the master of arts program, Social Applied Philosophy and History of Philosophy.
- Study in program designed for students with academic or non-academic career interests or professional development
- Develop critical thinking, argumentation, analysis and writing skills for scholarship or employment in ethics and/or social justice areas
- Foster interdisciplinary interests (at least 2 cognate courses in other disciplines required) and community engaged research.
- Consider pursuing the SOAP M.A. as a Trinity Fellow
- Obtain one of few M.A.s in the history of philosophy in the U.S.
- Study a unique curriculum that integrates strong grounding in history with current debates in ethics, social philosophy, philosophy of mind, aesthetics, etc.
- Benefit from good placement record into funded Ph.D. programs
For an extensive Philosophy Master's course work guide, please visit the Marquette Bulletin.
The M.A. can be completed in two years with our Accelerated Degree Program. Marquette Philosophy majors can complete the M.A. as part of the five year advanced B.A./M.A. program. Partial tuition support is available each year for 2-3 strong competitive applicants.