Several of Marquette's apartment buildings feature larger units that were designed to accommodate many student residents. Therefore, it is possible to double up in bedrooms in many apartment units.
- At the very minimum, students are required to have at least one person per bedroom when booking an apartment in Campus Town, Frenn, Gilman, and McCabe.
- At the very maximum, students may have two people per bedroom in Campus Town (except the Addition), Frenn, and McCabe.
- All studios can only accommodate one person.
- Random Roommate bookings are only available at The Marq.
While filling to maximum capacity is not required, it does allow for flexibility and reduced individual rental charges in an apartment unit. In apartments where this is possible, the total rental charge for the apartment is split evenly amongst the number of occupants - regardless of who may or may not be sharing a bedroom:
- In a two-bedroom with three occupants, each pay 1/3 of the total apartment rent.
- In a three-bedroom with four occupants, each pay 1/4 of the total apartment rent.
Bedroom Capacities by Building
- Campus Town East Addition (apts x03-x29)
- McCabe (studios)
- The Marq
per bedroom possible
- Campus Town East Original Section (apts x35-x80)
- Campus Town West
- McCabe (one-bedrooms)
Roommate Groups' Apartment Possibilities
Given this flexibility, a group of roommates may have several options when selecting an apartment. The following shows the unit types that can accommodate a particular number or residents: