Spring Election - Tuesday, April 4, 2023
If you moved since the last time you voted, you will need to register again. If voting as a Wisconsin resident at your campus address, please keep the following in mind:
- You must have resided at your address for 28 days prior to the election.
- Information on registration requirements and what identification is needed to register and vote can be found under the FAQs and Marquette Voter ID.
- Voter Registration must be completed at least 20 days before the election (March 15, 2023). Everything needs to be in to the City of Milwaukee Elections Commission by 5 p.m., by mail or online, OR on Election Day in person at the polling site (April 4, 2023).
- Absentee ballot requests must be made no later than Thursday, March 30, 2023, by 5 p.m.
- NOTE: It can take up to 7 days for a voter in Wisconsin to receive their absentee ballot by mail. It can also take up to 7 days for your voted ballot to be received by your municipal clerk by mail. It can take longer if your mailing address is outside Wisconsin.
See important deadlines for voting processes at MyVoteWisonsin.gov
Sign up for a TurboVote account.
TurboVote makes the voting process easier. Click on the appropriate button below to get started.
NOTE: Marquette receives aggregate data from TurboVote regarding numbers of users, numbers of completed voter registrations and numbers of participants who plan to vote, but it does not receive information on individual users.
Marquette University students, faculty and staff are not required to sign up for a TurboVote account, as it is a voluntary process. Links to registration and voting information are also listed on this website on the Frequently Asked Questions page (under "Can I vote absentee and/or how do I register to vote in my home state?").
According to the Federal Student Aid Program, this information is posted to comply with Section 487(a)(23) of the Higher Education Act of 1965 that references the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (NVRA) and requires higher education institutes to distribute voter registration forms to their students.