Partisan Primary Election is Tuesday, August 9
If you moved since the last time you voted, you will need to register again. If voting as a Wisconsin resident at your campus address, please keep the following in mind:
- You must have resided at your address for 28 days prior to the election.
- Those students new to campus spring semester will not be able to vote as Milwaukee residents in the Feb. 15 Primary Election because they will have only been residents for 23 days. THUS, new students are encouraged to vote absentee in their home districts for the Feb. 15 Primary if there is a primary in that district. Please check your jurisdiction for information.
- Students who arrived at Marquette in fall 2021will have already established residency unless you changed residence halls or apartments after January 24.
- If you have resided at the same address since January 19, 2022, you must register to vote at least 20 days before the election (by January 26, 2022) by mail or on-line. Alternatively, you can register to vote on Election Day in-person at the polling site.
- Absentee Ballot requests must be made no later than Thursday, February 10, 2022, by 5:00 p.m.
- Information on registration requirements and what identification is needed to register and vote can be found under the FAQs and Mauquette Voter ID.
Sign up for a TurboVote account.
TurboVote makes the voting process easier. Click on the appropriate button below to get started.
NOTE: Marquette receives aggregate data from TurboVote regarding numbers of users, numbers of completed voter registrations, and numbers of participants who plan to vote, but it does not receive information on individual users.
Marquette University students, faculty, and staff are not required to sign up for a Turbo Vote account as it is a voluntary process. Links to registration and voting information are also listed on this website on the Frequently Asked Questions page (under "Can I vote absentee and/or how do I register to vote in my home state?").
Partisan Primary Election- Tuesday, August 9, 2022
- Voter Registration must be completed at least 20 days before the election (July 19, 2022) by mail or on-line or on Election Day in person at the polling site (August 9, 2022).
- Absentee Ballot requests must be made no later than Thursday, August 4, 2022, by 5:00 p.m.
According to the Federal Student Aid Program, this information is posted to comply with Section 487(a)(23) of the Higher Education Act of 1965 that references the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (NVRA) and requires higher education institutes to distribute voter registration forms to their students.