Voter Information

Students wishing to register as Wisconsin voters should be prepared to register at the polls.

When using a campus address you must use your residence hall number or apartment number.   You will also likely need a Marquette Voter ID card (not the same as you MUID) and a fee statement printed from CheckMarq.

Oct. 14, 2020 was the last day Wisconsin voters could complete online or by mail voter registration. Here are your options:

  1. Early voting: In-Person Absentee voting (early voting) begins on Tuesday, Oct. 20. Milwaukee residents who are eligible to vote can go to the Frank P. Zeidler Municipal Building with the proper documentation and register in person and vote early.
    Walking buddies will available to escort groups of eligible student voters from campus to the Frank P. Zeidler Municipal Building October 20 – 30, 2020.
    • Student participants must have a green COVID-19 Screen check.
    • Masks must always be worn except when asked by a worker to temporarily remove it to confirm identity for voter registration and voting purposes.
    • Social distancing will be maintained on the walk and at the facility.
    Sign-ups for a walking buddy are available during daylight hours only, and times vary.  Students are advised to plan to spend 2-3 hours for the trip (more on Saturday).
  2. Election Day: Register at the poll on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020.

Deadlines of which to be aware:

  • October 29, 2020 is the last day Wisconsin voters can request an absentee by mail ballot. Please request your absentee ballot as soon as possible by visiting
  • Your completed absentee ballot must be delivered no later than 8 p.m. on Election Day. The U.S. Postal Service recommends absentee ballots be mailed one week before Election Day to arrive in time.

From out of state but plan to vote in Wisconsin?

Get your MU Voter ID Card now.


If you have received an unsolicited voter registration or absentee ballot request or document that is not from the Wisconsin Elections Commission or the Milwaukee Elections Commission please do not use these forms as they may contain errors.  We continue to ask all eligible student voters to go to the website to utilize the links to the Marquette TurboVote website to register to vote in Wisconsin or your home state; once registered you are able to request an absentee ballot.  The Marquette TurboVote site directs students to the government’s myvotewisconsin website in order to accurately process voter registration and absentee ballot requests.

Important Notes

Please note- due to COVID-19, decisions made regarding the election may change before election day. We are doing our best to keep up with all updates and last-minute changes, but the information below may not be current.

Voters Eligible to vote in Wisconsin must have both an acceptable Voter ID Card and Proof of Residence documents. See more in the Frequently Asked Questions section about acceptable Voter ID cards and Proof of Residence documents.

 Are you eligible to vote? Sign up for a TurboVote account.

TurboVote makes the voting process easier. Click on the appropriate button below to get started.

TurboVote and MUSG logos undergraduate student button TurboVote and MUSG logos graduate student button TurboVote and MUSG logo faculty and staff button

TurboVote Information

NOTE: Marquette receives aggregate data from TurboVote regarding numbers of users, numbers of completed voter registrations, and numbers of participants who plan to vote, but it does not receive information on individual users.

Marquette University students, faculty, and staff are not required to sign up for a Turbo Vote account as it is a voluntary process.  Links to registration and voting information are also listed on this website on the Frequently Asked Questions page (under "Can I vote absentee and/or how do I register to vote in my home state?").

According to the Federal Student Aid Program, this information is posted to comply with Section 487(a)(23) of the Higher Education Act of 1965 that references the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (NVRA) and requires higher education institutes to distribute voter registration forms to their students.