- Online MBA
- Executive MBA
- MS in Accounting
- MS in Accounting Analytics
- MS in Applied Economics
- MA in Corporate Communication
- Master in Management
- MS in Supply Chain
- Graduate Certificates
- STEM-MBA Program
- Joint and Interdisciplinary Programs
- Information Sessions
- Admissions Process
- Tuition & Financial Aid
- Schedule of Classes
- Current Student Resources
- Apply Now
GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy
Marquette University Graduate School of Management GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy
Applicants may request a waiver of the GMAT/GRE requirement for all GSM programs. Typically, waivers are granted as follows:
For all GSM Programs, applicants that have earned a terminal degree (i.e., PhD, MD, JD, DDS) or have earned a Masters degree in a quantitative field (i.e., Engineering, Finance) will be waived from the test requirement.
For MS Accounting, MS Applied Economics and MS in Supply Chain Management applicants that have earned an overall quality point average (GPA) of 3.25 or higher with proof of quantitative course coverage from an AACSB accredited school.
For MA Corporate Communication, Master in Management and the Certificate in Leadership or Sports Leadership, applicants may be waived from the GMAT/GRE exam requirement if they have earned an overall quality point average (GPA) of 3.25 or higher from an AACSB accredited or Department of Education approved Regional Accrediting Body.
For the MBA programs and the Certificate in Business and Managerial Analytics, applicants may be waived from the GMAT/GRE exam requirement if they have less than 3 years of full-time business experience and have a 3.5 or higher overall QPA (or GPA) with proof of quantitative coverage and for those with 3 or more years of full-time business experience the QPA requirement is 3.25 or higher from an AACSB accredited school, Engineering Accredited Commission of ABET school or Department of Education approved Regional Accrediting Body with proof of quantitative course coverage.
MSSCM GRE/GMAT waiver policy - the GMAT/GRE requirement may be waived for qualified MSSCM applicants. Waivers are based on one or more of the following situations:
- You have earned a terminal degree (i.e., Ph.D, MD or JD).
- You have a Master’s degree in a quantitative field.
- You have an overall GPA of 3.25 or higher with proof of quantitative course coverage from an AACSB accredited school or Department of Education approved Regional Accrediting Body and have less than 3 years of work experience.
- You have an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of 3.00 or higher and 3 or more years of progressive work experience.
Applicants that have completed the LSAT may submit those results as a substitute exam for the MBA, MA Corporate Communication, Master in Management and Master in Supply Chain Management programs.
ALL applicants may request the waiver or substitution BEFORE OR AFTER submitting the online application. To make such a request
- Send an email provide rationale to GSM@Marquette.edu.
- Attach supporting documentation to your email
- a current resume demonstrating your years of experience
- transcripts verifying your degree(s), the institution where it was earned and/or GPA.