"Just do it."
If that simple phrase conjures up the image of a pair of Nikes, thank an advertiser. Whether it's through traditional print or digital media like YouTube and Facebook, advertising majors learn to combine memorable copy, creative design and innovation to create the messages that move consumers to action.
Create your own ads.
From print to digital media, you'll learn to design arresting ads in our Mac labs using layout and design programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and a variety of multimedia software.
And the Advertiser of the Year is ...
Marquette advertising majors have won national recognition for proposals created for Saturn, Banc of America Investment Services, Toyota, The New York Times, Pizza Hut, Florida's tourism board and other clients.
Practice makes perfect.
As a Marquette advertising major, you'll gain professional experience and pack your portfolio with local and national internships with employers such as MillerCoors, Walt Disney World, Adweek magazine, the Milwaukee Brewers, Six Flags Great America, the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, and Procter & Gamble.
From large national advertising agencies and corporate marketing departments to smaller, specialized ad shops, Marquette advertising majors find an abundance of internships in Milwaukee and Chicago, many of which lead to full-time employment after graduation.
Participate in the Advertising Club (affiliated with the American Advertising Federation and the national Business Marketing Association) to find out what's happening in the dynamic world of advertising.
Major courses are bolded.
- Advertising Principles
- Contemporary Presentation
- Introduction to Communication
- Media in Society
- Rhetoric and Composition I
- Histories of Cultures and Societies Elective
- Philosophy of Human Nature
- Foreign Language or Diverse Cultures
- Introduction to Theology
- Communication Pathways
- Media Writing
- Communication Design Toolbox
- Intro to Communication Research Methods
- Diverse Cultures Elective or Minor/Elective course
- Modern Elementary Statistics
- Science and Nature Elective
- Principles of Microeconomics
- General Psychology
- Advertising Copywriting
- Advertising Research and Account Planning
- Internship in Advertising and Public Relations
- Ethical Problems of Mass Communication
- Theory of Ethics
- Introduction to Marketing
- Literature or Performing Arts Elective
- Major Elective
- Advertising Media Planning
- Advertising Campaigns
- Media Law
- Theology Elective
- Major Elective