Summer Leadership Institute
The three-day Summer Leadership Institute (SLI) is a free opportunity for rising high school seniors who wish to gain a better understanding of leadership within the various contexts of the college experience. Students will have the opportunity to reflect on their own leadership abilities and the role leaders play in groups. Students will also learn about what it means to act as a leader in service to others in the community. Finally, we will discuss how to convey leadership experiences in college applications.
This program is designed for students who are the first in their family to go to college or who come from a multicultural background. Students who are selected for the program are invited to spend two nights in one of the Marquette University Residence Halls.
Applications for the program will be reviewed on a competitive basis. Completion of this application does not guarantee that you will be selected to participate in the institute.
- Complete the application information form.
- Send an updated high school transcript; an unofficial copy is fine.
- Submit the activities list. Highlight no more than 5 activities that best represent you.
- Write an essay (up to 500 words) that addresses why you would like to participate in SLI.
Click here to apply
- Applications are due May 24.
Resources for planning your visit