Explorer Program FAQs

Q: Who are eligible to participate in the Explorer Dual Enrollment courses?

A:  Mostly 11th and 12th graders from partner high schools. We will consider 10th graders by school recommendations. 

Q: What are the admission standards?

A: We have a general 3.0 GPA requirement; however, we will enroll students by counselor or instructors recommendations.

Q: How do the credits transfer to other Universities?

A: Transferology shows how your college level classes transfer to other universities. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure the course(s) taken are transferable to the college/university they will be attending after high school graduation.

Q: How do I apply to undergraduate studies at Marquette University with Marquette credits? 

A: The Explorer program allows you to transfer Marquette credits in right away. You would still apply as a freshmen and not a transfer student, but when we evaluate your academic info we do track your credits and you could potentially be a sophomore as your academic standing. We review your credits and help you throughout the process. 

Q: Do dual enrollment course grades affect college GPA?

A: Many colleges only consider grades that students achieve while they are college students. So, your grades of Dual Enrollment course might not affect your college GPA. However, poor performance in dual enrollment course might affect your financial aid eligibility. If you enroll at Marquette for undergraduate studies, your Explorer Dual Enrollment grades will be counted towards your GPA at Marquette.

Q: What dual enrollment course grades do I need to get to earn Marquette credits?

A: Grade A, B, C, or D will be granted Marquette credits. F or W will not get credits. Your instructor should have the grade scale listed on their course syllabus. Grading scales may vary among Marquette departments, therefore student’s Marquette grade and high school grade may not be the same.

Q: When can I drop or withdraw from a course?

A: You can drop from a dual enrollment course one week after the class starts, and the course will not show up in your transcript. A drop after one week will be considered a withdrawal, and “W” will be recorded in your transcript.

Q: Are Concurrent enrollment courses challenging? 

A: Dual Credit courses are more rigorous and academically challenging than traditional high school courses. Students will be expected to follow the college syllabus, grading scale, assessments, and other required collegiate materials.

Q: Do I have access to Marquette campus resources? 

A: A big YES. Once the student is enrolled in a dual credit class they are considered a Marquette student. They will have access to Marquette support services, MUID card, Marquette email, access to Marquette buildings, and all policies affecting Marquette students will apply. Here is a list of useful campus resources for Dual Enrollment students