Professor and Co-Director of Interdisciplinary Gender and Sexualities Studies (INGS)
Social and Cultural Sciences
Ph.D., 2000, University of Chicago
M.A., 1994, University of Chicago
B.A., 1991, University of Chicago
Sexuality, Gender, Religion, Culture & Power, Emotions, Reconciliation, Qualitative Methods
- Sumerau, J. E., Lain A. B. Mathers, and Dawne Moon, 2020, “Foreclosing Fluidity at the Intersection of Gender and Sexual Normativities.” Symbolic Interaction. 43(2): 205-234. DOI: 10.1002/SYMB.431
- Moon, Dawne, Theresa W. Tobin, and J. E. Sumerau. 2019. “Alpha, Omega, and the Letters in Between: LGBTQI Conservative Christians Undoing Gender.” Gender & Society 33(4): 583-606.
- Moon, Dawne and Theresa W. Tobin. 2018. “Sunsets and Solidarity: Overcoming Sacramental Shame in Conservative Christian Churches to Forge a Queer Vision of Love and Justice.” Hypatia 33(3): 451-468.
- Moon, Dawne. 2014. “Beyond the Dichotomy: Six Religious Views of Homosexuality.” Journal of Homosexuality 61 (9): 1215-1241. most downloaded article of this journal, 2014.
- Moon, Dawne. 2012. “Who Am I and Who Are We? Conflicting Narratives of Collective Selfhood in Stigmatized Groups.” American Journal of Sociology 117 (5): 1336-1379.
- Gamson, Joshua and Dawne Moon. 2004. “The Sociology of Sexualities: Queer and Beyond.” Annual Review of Sociology 47-64.
Interdisciplinary Gender and Sexualities Studies Program