Prosthodontics Application Requirements
Application to the program is always very competitive and can only be made through the Postdoctoral Application Support Service of the American Dental Education Association. A complete application is required for consideration. The application deadline is September 1 of every year.
Criteria for selection include: academic record, research and publication records, extracurricular achievement, honors and awards, class standing, professional experience, references, and the personal interview. National Board scores (U.S. applicants) and TOEFL scores (international applicants) are also considered.
All applicants must be prepared to appear for a personal interview in Milwaukee during September, October or November. This occasion has a twofold purpose. Faculty members in the program have the opportunity to become better acquainted with the applicant, and applicants have the opportunity to become acquainted with various facets of the program to which they are applying. Phone interviews are not acceptable.
Individuals invited for a personal interview should also apply to the graduate program. Forms can be found at Marquette University Graduate School.
- All applications must be submitted through ADEA PASS
- Official transcripts from all colleges and dental schools
- Three letters of Personal Potential Index
- Three letters of Professional Evaluation forms
- A personal statement
- Scores from National Board Dental Exam part I and II (not required for international students but recommended)
- Minimum TOEFL score: 100 for Internet-based test; 550 for paper-based test (international student only)
- Applicants must hold a D.D.S. or D.M.D. degree or its equivalent upon matriculation