As a patient of record you are responsible for:
- Providing accurate and complete medical and dental histories.
- Following recommendations and advice in an agreed upon, prescribed course of treatment.
- Making it known that you clearly understand the planned course of treatment and what is expected of you before treatment is begun.
- Your actions and any negative outcomes if treatment is refused or instructions and/or advice are not followed.
- Providing detailed and timely information regarding any changes in your health or medical condition that could affect your dental treatment.
- Providing accurate and timely information regarding your abilities to meet the financial obligations agreed upon for dental treatment at Marquette University School of Dentistry.
- Demonstrating respectful behavior towards all members of the Dental Clinic community which will allow for the delivery of quality dental treatment.
Patient Bill of Rights
At Marquette University School of Dentistry, as a patient, you have the right to:
- Receive an explanation of recommended treatment, treatment alternatives, the option to refuse treatment, the risk of no treatment, expected outcomes of various treatments, and the estimated cost and approximate length of time necessary for continuity and completion of treatment prior to giving informed consent.
- Have access to complete and current information about your condition.
- Inspect your own dental record, which is confidential and may not be shared or transferred without your consent except as allowed under HIPAA Regulations.
- Discuss any concerns with your student, a faculty member or the Office of the Clinic Director. If you decide not to seek treatment, the consequences of non-treatment will be explained to you.
- Have access to available emergency dental care.
- Dental treatment that meets or exceeds the current standards of care in the dental profession.
Receive treatment in an environment that adheres to OSHA, CDC and ADA recommendations and guidelines for infection control procedures.
- Standard Precautions are utilized to minimize the possibility of disease transmission and maintain the health and well-being of all patients and personnel.
- Call (414) 288-6790, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to speak with a representative or schedule your initial screening consultation.
- Current patients that have an emergency outside of regular business hours may contact our After-Hours emergency service at (262) 521-4997
- Current patients that have a dental emergency during regular business hours please contact your assigned student or Clinic Coordinator
- Emergency walk-in service is available for people in the community who need emergency care. Patients may arrive after 8 a.m. (Monday-Friday) to receive one of the four available times for emergency care.