Graduate School Events
We Want To Hear From You!
Share Your Graduate Student Experience by June 15th, 2020.
During this time, the Graduate School team is using additional ways to reach out to prospective students thinking about graduate school. As we pause on personal, on-campus tours, we would like to take a unique approach to tell our story. Who better to share the graduate experience but our very current students?
The Graduate School invites all current graduate students to share their video story with us, so that we can share it with prospective students so that they can get a feel for what graduate student life is like at Marquette University. Any graduate student is invited to submit a video talking about life as a graduate student, following the points and tips below.
What should I say? How do I do this? No worries, we'll guide you through!
- Please start with your first name, program, degree and hometown.
Select 1-2 of the questions below (or as much as you can explain) in 1-2 minutes.
- Why did you choose Marquette for your graduate education.
- What makes your program/department unique?
- Provide a brief synopsis of your research.
- If you are about to graduate, what are your next steps (education, career) and how did your graduate education prepare you for this?
- If you are a working professional, how do you manage your time for work, school, family, etc?
- Use natural light in front of you and a background with minimal distractions.
- If using a phone to record, please set to a horizontal position.
- Speak slow and clearly.
- Look into the camera lens for a personal approach.
- Feel free to speak casually as if you were getting someone excited about applying to graduate school at Marquette University.
Upload Your Video
- Completed videos can be uploaded to this Sharepoint folder site.
- Please submit your video by June 10, 2020.
- Any questions or issues with video upload can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By submitting your video and sharing your story, you agree to Marquette University Graduate School to use them on our website and social media pages including Facebook and Twitter.