Catholic Schools Personnel Scholarship Form
If you work in an elementary or secondary school in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, you are eligible to apply for a scholarship at Marquette that can pay up to two-thirds of one graduate course per term.
The Catholic Schools Personnel Scholarships were established in 1980 and are funded by the donations of foundations and individuals who are interested in strengthening education in Archdiocese of Milwaukee schools. Students receiving support through the CSPS program agree to work in an Archdiocese of Milwaukee school for three years after the completion of their graduate programs.
You are eligible for Marquette University's Catholic Schools Personnel Scholarships if you:
- Are employed in an Archdiocese of Milwaukee school and
- Are admitted to the Graduate School in a master's program, certification program or non-degree program (provided you are not currently on probationary status).
- Non-degree students may receive support for a maximum of two semesters. Support for non-degree students is contingent upon the availability of funds.
- Students who are admitted to master's or certification programs will hold advantages over non-degree students and receive priority consideration for the scholarships.
First-time Applicants for the CSPS
If you are a first-time applicant you can't use this online form to apply.
- Meet with the principal of your school to request a letter of recommendation for admission and CSPS consideration. The letter should address your academic potential and potential contribution to your school.
- Receive endorsements from your principal and the superintendent (or associate superintendent) of schools for the Archdiocese of Milwaukee (indicated by their signatures on the paper application).
- Apply for admission and the CSPS by the appropriate competition application deadline.
- Submit a paper application rather than the online version of the form. Remember to include a written statement of your career goals.
Contact the Graduate School or your school office for a paper version of the form. The form can also be downloaded.
Competition Application Deadlines
Fall: June 15 (application deadline)
Spring: Nov. 15 (application deadline)
Summer: April 15 (application deadline)
A separate application must be submitted for each semester you wish to be considered. Note: All supporting documents for admission must be received for new applicants by the appropriate competition deadline.
A committee with representatives from Marquette's Graduate School, College of Education and the Archdiocese of Milwaukee will determine the recipients of these awards. The committee examines academic records, students' progress in their programs and the potential contributions to the schools where applicants are employed. Scholarships and their amounts are contingent upon available funds. Applicants will be notified by mail when award decisions are made.
Students who are already admitted should reapply for the CSPS on CheckMarq. See Instructions for step-by-step instructions.