Rules and Guidelines for Trinity Fellows 2021-2023
- 21 months: August 2021 – May 2023
- Full-time graduate study (9 credits maximum per semester)
- Off-campus graduate assistantship - see Graduate Assistantship below
- Attend monthly reflections – see Student Reflection Meetings below.
- Trinity Fellows Program Orientation Activities: week of August 23, 2021 (details TBA)
- Graduate School Orientation: TBA
- First day of classes for Graduate School: August 30, 2021
- Nonprofit agency placement starts: week of September 7, 2021 (specific date to be confirmed with your supervisor)
Tuition & Participation Fees
- Tuition is covered in full, with the expectation that Fellows enroll as full-time graduate students, taking 9 credits per semester.
- Fellows are expected to complete graduate program in two academic years.
- Tuition scholarship DOES NOT cover foundation, undergraduate prerequisite, or audited courses.
- Fellow will be billed a participation fee in the amount of $1,250 per semester for four semesters.
- Bills are sent prior to beginning of each semester.
Each Fellow is assigned to work in a Milwaukee nonprofit/public agency for the 21-month fellowship period. This is considered an off-campus graduate service assistantship, which begins the first week in September 2021 and ends May 31, 2023.
September 7, 2021– June 3, 2022, 18 hours per week
June 6, 2022 – August 12, 2022, 40 hours per week
August 5, 2022 – May 31, 2023, 18 hours per week
- Fellow will receive $1715 gross per month for living expenses ($1,765 gross per month beginning in fall 2022).
- For your financial planning, please note: Stipends are issued bi-weekly and are taxable income; you will receive a payroll calendar prior to the start of the program.
Each Fellow is required to take the following Trinity core course during Fall 2021. Information on other core course requirements will be given at orientation. Contact Peggy Mead for permission number.
NPSE 6521 – Trends in the Social Sector: Social Innovation and Systems Change
Instructor – Jerica Broeckling Thursdays, 5 - 7:40 p.m., 707 Classroom
Agencies provide the following benefits to Fellows:
- Vacation: 8 hours accrued per month, used in accordance with Agency notification policy.
- Sick Time: 6.5 hours accrued per month, used in accordance with Agency notification policy.
Fellows receive $200 per year for professional development opportunities.
Trinity establishes a social committee made up of 2nd year Fellows who oversee planning monthly social events for both cohorts.
The Graduate School will provide stipend supplements to all those being paid through the formal title of Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant/Research Assistant/Fellow at Marquette University. This stipend supplement can be used to help offset health insurance costs. Trinity Fellows are eligible for the Full Supplement, which is $375 per semester, or $750 per year. You can find more information regarding healthcare on the graduate student healthcare options page.
Student Reflection Meetings
Reflection meetings for Trinity Fellows are held one Friday per month. Meetings are usually held from 9am to 12pm, with lunch following. A schedule will be issued each semester. These meetings are mandatory and should be taken into account when planning work and personal schedule.
A contract is made with each participating agency for the 21-month commitment.
Trinity Fellows are issued a letter with terms of fellowship benefits prior to the beginning of each academic year. Students submit signed agreement to the Graduate School.