- Apply Today
- Master's and Doctoral Programs
- Distance Education (Online Graduate Programs)
- Accelerated Degree Programs
- Application Instructions
- Graduate Forms
- Graduate Program Bulletin
- Program Application Deadlines
- Request Program Information
- Contact the Graduate School
- Schedule a Campus Visit
- Graduate School Staff
- Contributing to the Graduate School
Research Leaders Fellowship
About Research Leaders Fellowship
This competitive assistance package will support a student's first year of study. It allows outstanding students to pursue their first year of graduate study with no teaching or pre-existing research obligations.
21 tuition credits and a $20,000 stipend over 10 months.
One Fellow will be selected in each of the following departments each year:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Requirements and Restrictions
Fellowships are awarded on merit to incoming first year graduate students, with preference given to doctoral students. The selection process emphasizes superior academic record, demonstrated research experience, and potential for performing high quality independent research in his or her field. Each Fellow is expected to meet with department faculty members to select and begin a research project of common interest.
Application Process and Deadlines
All applicants to the graduate programs in engineering with be considered for this fellowship, provided that the application for admission and all required supporting documents are received by the Marquette University Graduate School no later than February 15 of the same year to which they are applying for Fall admission.