- Schmitt Fellows Podcasts
- Apply for Schmitt Fellows
- Impact Book
- Graduate School Master and Doctoral Programs
Recent leadership projects
Leadership Matters Podcast
Date: May, 2018
- Garwood Anderson, Interim Dean, Nashota House Theological Seminary and Schmitt Fellow (2001-02). Interviewed by Nathaniel Kidd (Religious Studies).
- Rebecca Cogwell Anderson, Head of Pain Psychology, Department of Anesthesiology, and Schmitt Fellow (1987-88), Medical College of Wisconsin. Interviewed by Michelle Toigo (Counseling Psychology).
- Carrianne Hayslett, Associate Dean, Graduate School, and Schmitt Fellow (2005-06 and 2006-07). Interviewed by Anne Fischer (Chemistry).
- Daniel Mayworm, Trustee, Arthur J. Schmitt Foundation (retired). Interviewed by Katherine Maniates (Biological Sciences).
- Laurie Winters, Executive Director, Wisconsin Museum of Art. Interviewed by Tyler Friedman (Philosophy).
- Susan Wood, Chair of the Department of Theology, Marquette University, and Schmitt Fellow (1984-85). Interviewed by Hans Moscicke (Religious Studies.)
- Daniel Zitomer, Director of the Water Quality Center, Marquette University. Interviewed by Yiran Tong (Civil Engineering).
- Retrospective, a reflective conversation amongst the Schmitt Fellows of their interviews.
Panel Discussion: “Cultivating Leadership for a Successful and Meaningful Career.”
Date: April 6, 2017
- Amy Van Hecke, Associate Professor of Psychology, Marquette University.
- Lars Olson, Interim Joint Chair and Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Marquette University and Medical College of Wisconsin.
- Michael Stevens, Historian, Wisconsin Historical Society (retired).
Moderated by Schmitt Leadership Fellows: Jared Janes (Philosophy), Jennifer Marra (Philosophy), Alexandre Martins (Religious Studies), Margaret Nettesheim-Hoffmann (History), Anna Shishina (Chemistry), Dylan Snyder (Biomedical Engineering), Elisabeth Vogt (Clinical Psychology), Adrianne Wojcik (English).
Description: Panelists shared personal stories of their own leadership journeys. They discussed what leadership skills students should strive to develop for successful and meaningful careers and how to develop those skills.
Panel Discussion: “Do I Make a Difference? Taking the Lead and Inspiring Others.”
Date: November 3, 2015
Panel (Past and present Schmitt Leadership Fellows):
- Jennifer Bonniwell (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Peter Borg (History)
- Joshua Garlich (Biological Sciences)
- Carrianne Hayslett, Interim Associate Dean, Marquette University Graduate School, and Schmitt Fellow (2005-06 and 2006-07).
Moderated by Dr. Kevin Gibson, Interim Dean of the Marquette University Graduate School.
Description: Leadership has numerous forms and people take on many different leadership roles over the span of their lives. A grand gesture, or a small remark can be the spark that makes a difference in someone’s life. The panel of Marquette doctoral students and alumni discussed their individual journeys along the unexpected and remarkable path of leadership.