Research Participant Payments

Researchers who plan on compensating research participants must follow all compliance policies and procedures for human study. If you will be using your award or department funds for participant payments, Marquette does not allow cash advances to be purchased with a P-Card. Gift cards can be purchased with a P-Card for research only with prior authorization. All cash or cash equivalents for research participants can be obtained using the Request for Research Subject Support Form and the Human Subjects Payment Log.

Graduate Research Assistants should work with their faculty supervisor or research partner to obtain cash or cash equivalents from awards or department funds.

To learn more about cash or cash equivalent policies please review the University Policies and Procedures.