General eligibility requirements for undergraduates
To receive financial aid from federal and state programs students must meet the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen. Students with F1, F2, J1, or J2 visas are not eligible.
- Be registered with Selective Service, required for students to receive Wisconsin State Aid.
- Be working toward a degree or certificate.
- Be enrolled at least half-time. Audit, repeat, and other non-credit classes do not apply.
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress. Marquette's Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov.
- Demonstrate financial need, if applying for need-based aid.
- Not be in default on any loan or owe a refund on any grant made under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, at any institution.