Marquette Central is the primary campus resource for help with state and federal veterans education benefits. Assistance is available to eligible student veterans as well as active service members, dependents, reservists and National Guard members.
Federal Veterans Education programs include:
- Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill®
- Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation Program
- Chapter 32: VEAP (Veterans Educational Assistance Program , Post Vietnam era)
- Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- Chapter 34: GI Bill® (Vietnam era)
- Chapter 35: DEA (Dependent Education Assistance Program)
- Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill®
- Chapter 1607: Reserve-Montgomery GI Bill® (for activated reservists/National Guard)
- REPS (Restored Entitlement Program for Dependents)
- Veterans Administration Tutoring Program
Title 38 United States Code Section 3679(e) Compliance Statement
In compliance with the Veterans Benefit and Transition Act of 2018, Marquette University (MU) will not impose any penalty, including but not limited to, the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, institutional facilities/resources, or require students to borrow additional funds for which interest or other charges are assessed, on any covered individual that is unable to meet financial obligations because of a delayed disbursement of funds from the Veterans Administration (VA) for tuition payment under Chapter 31 or 33. Effective July 1, 2019.
A covered individual is any individual entitled to educational assistance for tuition payment under Chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, or Chapter 33, Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits who has submitted to Marquette University:
- A certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance no later than the first day of a course of education (a "certificate of eligibility" can also include a "Statement of Benefits" obtained from the VA website - eBenefits, or a VAF 28-1905 form for Chapter 31 authorization purposes), and
- MU's Application for Certification of VA Education Benefits to declare the Individual's intent to use the benefit for the given semester and
- Payment for the remaining tuition and fees charges not covered by the anticipated VA tuition payment.
Students who need assistance with anything concerning VA education benefits should contact Marquette Central at 414-288-4000 and request to be connected to the first available VA School Certifying Official.
VA Education Benefits Resources