FERPA Directory Information
Personally identifiable directory information from the education records of the student in attendance at the university may be disclosed without the necessity of prior consent of the student concerned as provided by FERPA, subject to the right of the student to inform the university in writing that all directory information with respect to him or her shall not be so disclosed.
Such notice must be delivered to the Office of the Registrar and will be effective as to such disclosures for the balance of that semester only, except that such a restriction will not apply to material already printed or in the process of being printed. In additional to the above, students have the option to declare whether their address(es), telephone number(s), and Marquette email address are to be made public.
The university has designated as directory information each of the following items of information:
- the student's name(s)
- Marquette identification number (MUID)
- telephone number(s)
- Marquette email address
- electronic images
- date and place of birth
- major field(s) of study
- current enrollment status, including academic level (e.g., sophomore) and full- or part-time status
- participation in officially recognized activities
- dates of attendance
- awards and academic honors received (including names of scholarships)
- Dean's List selection
- previous educational institution(s) attended
- program and promotion materials in participants in various sports and similar public activities, including weights and heights of members of athletic teams.