How Do I Use Federal Veterans Benefits at Marquette?
Jump to a section
Students who have used Federal VA Education Benefits at Marquette
First time users of Federal VA Education Benefits
Transferring from another institution
Chapter 30, 33, 1606 or 1607 recipients who used benefits at another institution and are now attending Marquette:
Chapter 35 recipients who used benefits at another institution and are now attending Marquette:
Yellow Ribbon Program
The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program is a provision of the Post 9/11 Veterans Education Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows institutions of higher learning in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to partially or fully fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed the established thresholds under the Post 9/11 GI Bill.
The table below identifies the contributions that Marquette University will provide to eligible students in conjunction with the Yellow Ribbon Program:
Yellow Ribbon Program Agreement
||# of eligible students sponsored
||Amount per student for
Academic Year 2020-2021
| Undergraduate Colleges
| Graduate School
| Graduate School of Management
| Law School
| School of Dentistry (includes Post-Doctoral program)
Only individuals entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements) may receive this funding. Therefore, a student may be eligible if:
- Served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001 of at least 36 months.
- were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and they served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001.
- are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post 9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran's service under the eligibility criteria listed above.
Application for Yellow Ribbon program is on a first come first served basis; as Marquette's participation is limited to the number of students in specified programs. To apply student will have to:
- provide the Office of the Registrar with a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) which certifies award at the 100% rate and potentially eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program contribution.
- completes the Marquette Application for Certification of VA Education Benefits (must be registered for classes) and indicate that they are eligible and wish to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Once these documents are received and if a Yellow Ribbon position is available the the Office of the Registrar will apply the contribution based upon the students need.
The Office of the Registrar will notify the sponsoring School/Program, the Office of the Bursar and the Office of Student Financial Aid with the names of students who will be awarded additional education benefits based on the Yellow Ribbon Program.