Providing Quality, Affordable Dental Care to the Community
Marquette University School of Dentistry is committed to protecting the health, safety, and well-being of our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. We are carefully monitoring the developments related to the Coronavirus outbreak.
Nevertheless, COVID-19 is a highly contagious virus and the danger it can pose to vulnerable populations demands that we take precautions to protect all members of our Marquette community.
Patients of record with a dental emergency can contact their assigned student or the group coordinator.
Current patients that have an emergency outside of regular business hours may contact our After-Hours emergency service at (262) 521-4997.
Limited appointments will be available for people in the community who are in need of emergency care. An appointment is required. Appointments can be made by calling (414) 288-7388.
Marquette University School of Dentistry is committed to providing quality dental care while training the next generation of dental health care providers. Our dental school is a state-of-the-art educational facility where the dental students can provide the highest quality of comprehensive dental care at affordable prices to the community.
Is the School of Dentistry Right for you?
We appreciate your interest in Marquette University School of Dentistry and encourage you to find out how to become a patient with us. We admit as many patients as we can whose dental needs match the educational needs of our student dentists. A few things to consider before scheduling the 2-hour screening consultation.
- All appointments are scheduled at 9 a.m. or 1 p.m. for 3 hours, Monday through Friday.
- You must agree to have all of your dental services provided at the School of Dentistry.
- We are a fee-for-services clinic, and all payments are due on the day the services are provided.
- We accept Marquette employee-issued Delta Dental insurance and some state Medicaid/ForwardHealth insurances (Straight T-19, Children's Community Health Plan and Molina).
- We cannot bill Medicare and self-funded or other private dental insurances. You can speak with our Patient Financial Services area for help with submitting claims to your private insurance for possible reimbursement.
Please go to How to Become a Patient for information on setting up the initial screening consultation.
- Call (414) 288-6790, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to speak with a representative or schedule your initial screening consultation.
- Current patients that have an emergency outside of regular business hours may contact our After-Hours emergency service at (262) 521-4997
- Current patients that have a dental emergency during regular business hours please contact your assigned student or Group Coordinator
- Limited appointments will be available for people in the community who are in need of emergency care. Appointments can be made by calling (414) 288-7388