Get Involved

Restricted Courses

Courses offered by the Graduate School, School of Dentistry, Law School and some undergraduate colleges require that you be enrolled in the division offering the course to register for the class via CheckMarq.

If you do not meet this requirement and wish to enroll in a class offered by one of these divisions, you must first obtain consent from the college/school offering the class. (See undergraduates registering for graduate courses.)

It is not possible to enroll in honors courses or sections unless you have been accepted into the Honors Program.

It is not possible to register for independent study classes via CheckMarq.

Consent Courses and Permission Numbers

Please note that some courses or sections require consent (consent of instructor, consent of department, etc.), as indicated in the Schedule of Classes/Catalog detail. If you wish to register for a class requiring consent, you must obtain consent from the source indicated before CheckMarq registration. Registration without consent is not possible.

Permission numbers

If consent is required for a class, contact the department or instructor for permission to enroll. If you are granted permission, you will be assigned a permission number for that class only. You must enter the permission number when you add the class to your schedule via CheckMarq.

How do I enter a permission number?



The Office of the Registrar is the official keeper of academic records including course registrations, grades, transcripts and diplomas.

Find information about...

Trouble finding something? Contact the Office of the Registrar