- Enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree program in nursing
- Must show financial need
- U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
The federal government provides funds while Marquette selects eligible students and determines each student's loan amount.
The interest rate is a fixed rate of 5 percent. No interest accrues while the student is enrolled at least half-time. Standard repayment period is 10 years. Repayment begins and interest accrues nine months after the last date of half-time enrollment. Students are billed quarterly by Marquette's Student Loan Accounts. Student must have completed exit interview before leaving Marquette.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Eligible students who are offered the Nursing Loan on CheckMarq will receive the Self-Certification Form by mail. The Self-Certification Form must be signed and returned by the student
- Students who have accepted the Nursing Loan on CheckMarq will receive an email stating that an electronic Master Promissory Note (MPN) is available to sign online
Award is renewed only if all necessary forms are processed and received prior to February 1, the student continues to meet eligibility requirements and funds are available at time that the application is complete.