J. Walter and Margaret Rice Loan Fund
- Enrolled full time in College of Communication with planned major in journalism, broadcast and electronic communication or advertising
- Must show financial need
Amounts and selection process
Awards range from $500 - $4,500 per academic year. Marquette selects eligible students and determines loan amount.
The interest rate will be a fixed rate of 1 percent. No interest accrues while the student is enrolled at least half-time. Standard repayment period is five years. Repayment begins and interest accrues six months after the last date of half-time enrollment. Students are billed quarterly by Marquette's Student Loan Accounts.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Review Truth in Lending documents in CheckMarq.
- Submit Self-Certification document to Financial Aid Office.
- Review and sign MPN when it is emailed to you.
Award is renewed only if all necessary forms are processed and received prior to February 1, the student continues to meet eligibility requirements and funds are available at the time that the application is complete.