Get Involved

The application process for financial aid is changing for the 2017-2018 award year. You may also hear these changes referred to as "Early FAFSA" or "Prior Prior Year/PPY"


Use your 2015 income and tax data


Submit your FAFSA as  early as Oct 1, 2016


For the 2017-18 academic year


What can Marquette Students Expect?

  • You may submit a FAFSA earlier: Students will be able to file a 2017–18 FAFSA as early as Oct. 1, 2016, rather than beginning on Jan. 1, 2017. The earlier submission date will be a permanent change, enabling students to complete and submit a FAFSA as early as October 1 every year.
  • You are required to use earlier tax information: Beginning with the 2017–18 FAFSA, students will be required to report income information from an earlier tax year. For example, on the 2017–18 FAFSA, students (and parents, as appropriate) will report their 2015 income information, rather than their 2016 income information.

Important - IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT):

Please Note: The IRS Data Retrieval Tool will be unavailable until at least October 1, 2017. Please see IRS guidance for more information. For verification purposes a Federal IRS Tax Return Transcript must be submitted if you or your parent(s) did not use the Data Retrieval Tool prior to March 1, 2017. For more information, please see How to Request a Tax Return Transcript, 2017-18.

If you plan to apply for financial aid for…
You will use tax information from…
You may begin submitting the FAFSA on…
Marquette’s priority deadline…


File by 01/15/2017 to meet the 02/01/2017 priority deadline.



File by 01/15/2018 to meet the 02/01/2018 priority deadline. (2018 dates are tentative, subject to change)



File by 01/15/2019 to meet the 02/01/2019 priority deadline. (2019 dates are tentative, subject to change)


Learn more about 2017-18 FAFSA changes:



The Office of Student Financial Aid provides undergraduate and graduate students with resources about types of financial aid and student employment.

FAFSA School Code: 003863

Questions or for more information, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid