- Location, Facilities & Visiting Campus
- Dean's Office Directory
- Dean's Leadership Council
- Mission, Vision & Strategic Priorities
- College Profile: Facts & Figures
- The Marquette Difference
- AACSB Accreditation
- Business Leaders Forum
- June and Herman Loebl Women Business Leaders Speaker Series
- Social Media
Business Leaders Forum
Featuring Jim Snee, President and CEO of Hormel Foods
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Jim Snee Biography
Jim Snee is chairman of the board, president and chief executive officer of Hormel Foods, a global branded food company with over $9 billion in annual revenue across 75 countries worldwide.
In its 128-year history, Hormel Foods has earned a reputation as one of the most successful and admired Fortune 500 food companies in the world. Guided by its purpose of Inspired People – Inspired Food, 20,000 team members at Hormel Foods are inspired not only by the food they make, but by the difference they are making in the world. The company’s brands include SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin’s®, Columbus®, Wholly Guacamole®, Hormel® Black Label® and more than 30 other beloved brands.
Hormel Foods is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, and was named one of Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Food Companies and one of Forbes’ World’s Best Employers. In 2018, the company donated more than $15 million to causes such as hunger, cancer research and education, earning it a spot on “The 100 Best Corporate Citizens” list of Corporate Responsibility Magazine for the 10th year in a row, among numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts.
Jim is only the 10th president and chief executive officer in the company’s history. During his tenure as CEO, he has led the company’s evolution as a global branded food company and its growing reputation as an award-winning corporate citizen by focusing on the food the company makes and the difference it makes in the world. His career with Hormel Foods spans more than a quarter century. He joined the company in 1989 and assumed roles of increasing responsibility throughout its divisions and at the company’s global headquarters. Jim was named vice president of affiliated business units in 2008, and in 2011 he advanced to leader of Hormel Foods International, overseeing the company’s growing global portfolio. He was named president and chief operating officer in October 2015 and chief executive officer in October 2016. He was elected chairman of the board in October 2017.
Jim is active in numerous industry and nonprofit boards and organizations, including the Republic Services (NYSE: RSG) board of directors and the executive board for the Thielen Foundation.
Jim earned a bachelor of arts degree in marketing from New Mexico State University (Las Cruces, N.M.) and a master’s degree in business administration from the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minn. He has also participated in Harvard Business School’s executive leadership and management programs.
About the Business Leaders Forum
Established in 1999, the Business Leaders Forum is a speaker series sponsored by Marquette University’s College of Business Administration. The forum provides a setting for nationally recognized business leaders to engage in discussions and interact with students, faculty and local business leaders. The program enables Marquette to build practical knowledge into its rigorous business curriculum, exploring current trends, issues and practices in business.
Marquette University has attracted leaders at the top of their respective professions to speak at the Business Leaders Forum, including Herbert V. Kohler, chairman, chief executive officer and president of Kohler Co.; Richard M. Schulze, founder and chairman of Best Buy; and James J. Mulva, chairman and CEO of ConocoPhillips.
The Kathleen and Frank Thometz Foundation has made the Business Leaders Forum speaker series possible through a special endowment.
- David Kohler, President & CEO, Kohler Co., "Journey to the C-Suite and Kohler's Evolution: A Leadership Perspective" 2019 (video)
- Steve Cannon, Chief Executive Officer, AMB Group, LLC, "Leading with Vision, Kindness and Optimism" 2018 (video)
- Daniel S. Jaffee, President and Chief Executive Officer, Oil-Dri Corporation of America, “The Power of Culture and Ethics” 2017 (video)
- Dr. Charles L. Evans, President & CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, "A Perspective on Monetary Policy" 2015 (video)
- Thomas J. Falk, Chairman of the Board and CEO, Kimberly-Clark, "The Sustainable Enterprise," 2014 (video)
- Thomas C. Werner, Chairman, Boston Red Sox, and Chairman, Liverpool Football Club, 2013 (video)
- John Schlifske, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Northwestern Mutual, 2012 (video)
- Jeff Joerres, chairman and chief executive officer, ManpowerGroup, 2011 (video)
- Angela F. Braly, President and CEO, WellPoint, Inc., 2009 (video)
- James J. Mulva, Chair and CEO, ConocoPhillips, 2008
Richard M. Schulze, Founder and Chair, Best Buy, 2007
Herbert V. Kohler, Jr., Chair, CEO and President, Kohler, Co., 2006
Alexander M. (Sandy) Cutler, Chair and CEO, Eaton Corp., 2005
Kathy Hudson, Chair, CNH Global NV, 2005
Jeff Immelt, CEO, General Electric, 2004
John Morgridge, Chair, Cisco Systems, 2003
Don H. Davis, Jr., CEO, Rockwell Automation, 2002
Dick Burke, Chair, Trek Bicycle Corp., 2001
Wayne Sanders, CEO, Kimberly-Clark Corp., 2000