Business Leaders Forum
2021 BUSINESS LEADERS FORUM: A Discussion with Chris Swift, Chairman & CEO of The Hartford
Friday, October 8th, 2021, 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Monaghan Ballroom, Alumni Memorial Union
The College of Business Administration at Marquette University invites you to join us for the 2021 Business Leaders Forum. For this year's event, Interim Keyes Dean Tim Hanley, Bus Ad '78, will sit down with Christ Swift, Bus Ad '83, chairman and CEO of The Hartford and current Marquette University Board of Trustees member, to discuss enduring lessons in leadership. The Hartford is a national leader in workers' compensation and disability insurance and was founded in 1810. Mr. Swift leads the company at a time of unprecedented technological innovation and continues to sharpen The Hartford’s competitive advantages through the use of data, analytics, and digital technology.
About the Business Leaders Forum
Established in 1999, the Business Leaders Forum is a speaker series sponsored by Marquette University’s College of Business Administration. The forum provides a setting for nationally recognized business leaders to engage in discussions and interact with students, faculty and local business leaders. The program enables Marquette to build practical knowledge into its rigorous business curriculum, exploring current trends, issues and practices in business.
Marquette University has attracted leaders at the top of their respective professions to speak at the Business Leaders Forum, including Herbert V. Kohler, chairman, chief executive officer and president of Kohler Co.; Richard M. Schulze, founder and chairman of Best Buy; and James J. Mulva, chairman and CEO of ConocoPhillips.
The Kathleen and Frank Thometz Foundation has made the Business Leaders Forum speaker series possible through a special endowment.
- David Kohler, President & CEO, Kohler Co., "Journey to the C-Suite and Kohler's Evolution: A Leadership Perspective" 2019 (video)
- Steve Cannon, Chief Executive Officer, AMB Group, LLC, "Leading with Vision, Kindness and Optimism" 2018 (video)
- Daniel S. Jaffee, President and Chief Executive Officer, Oil-Dri Corporation of America, “The Power of Culture and Ethics” 2017 (video)
- Dr. Charles L. Evans, President & CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, "A Perspective on Monetary Policy" 2015 (video)
- Thomas J. Falk, Chairman of the Board and CEO, Kimberly-Clark, "The Sustainable Enterprise," 2014 (video)
- Thomas C. Werner, Chairman, Boston Red Sox, and Chairman, Liverpool Football Club, 2013 (video)
- John Schlifske, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Northwestern Mutual, 2012 (video)
- Jeff Joerres, chairman and chief executive officer, ManpowerGroup, 2011 (video)
- Angela F. Braly, President and CEO, WellPoint, Inc., 2009 (video)
- James J. Mulva, Chair and CEO, ConocoPhillips, 2008
Richard M. Schulze, Founder and Chair, Best Buy, 2007
Herbert V. Kohler, Jr., Chair, CEO and President, Kohler, Co., 2006
Alexander M. (Sandy) Cutler, Chair and CEO, Eaton Corp., 2005
Kathy Hudson, Chair, CNH Global NV, 2005
Jeff Immelt, CEO, General Electric, 2004
John Morgridge, Chair, Cisco Systems, 2003
Don H. Davis, Jr., CEO, Rockwell Automation, 2002
Dick Burke, Chair, Trek Bicycle Corp., 2001
Wayne Sanders, CEO, Kimberly-Clark Corp., 2000