How Do I Register for an Independent Study?
Independent Study classes provide students the opportunity to study with a faculty member and investigate areas of interest that are not available through the normal class offerings.
- Consult with the faculty of choice to determine a specific title, number of credits, term and session of the class.
- Complete the appropriate independent study form.
- Obtain the necessary signatures.
- Submit the form to the college/school office of the college/school offering the course by the deadline set by the college/school.
- If approved, the college/school office will register the student for the independent study class upon receipt of the approved form and the course will appear in CheckMarq on the class schedule of the student.
It is important to note that students should always register via CheckMarq for all other classes during the registration appointment time and not wait for the independent study to be approved before registering.