Which State Veterans Education Benefits Can I Use at Marquette?

To qualify for most Wisconsin state veterans' benefits, programs or services, a veteran must first establish general eligibility for Wisconsin state veterans' benefits.  Eligibility criteria for Wisconsin state veterans' benefits programs and services, includes exceptions to minimum military service requirements, are set in law (Wis. Stats. Ch 45).  General eligibility consists of two broad requirements:

  • Military service (character, type, duration)
  • Wisconsin state residency

For additional information and specifics on eligibility criteria, consult the Education Programs page of the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs' website.

Wisconsin Veterans' Education Grant

The Veterans Education (VetEd) grant program provides a reimbursement grant based on a credit-bank system that is based on length of active duty military service to eligible veterans who have not yet been awarded a bachelor's degree for reimbursement of tuition and fees following successful course completion at an eligible UW, technical college, or approved private institution of higher learning.

Veterans may currently receive federal VA Chapter 30 benefits and VetEd for the same semester.  VetEd reimbursement will be reduced to the extent that tuition and fees have already been paid by other grants, scholarships, and remissions provided for the payment of tuition and fees, including Chapter 33.

Veterans may apply for VetEd online.

Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Grant

Members of the Wisconsin National Guard may be eligible for the Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Grant.  For additional information and specifics on eligibility criteria, consult the Education page of the Department of Military Affairs website.  If you are eligible, submit a Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Grant Application to Marquette Central.