The Business Career Center provides holistic resources for students, alumni and employers. In partnership with the Marquette University Career Center, we support people in the greater Marquette business community both looking for and offering employment.
Student & Alumni Appointments
Business Career Center staff offer appointments for a range of career needs, from document review to industry exploration to interview prep. Students and alumni are invited to schedule in-person or virtual meetings via Handshake. Students and alumni have the option for 15, 30, or 60 minute appointments depending on the nature of the items to be discussed (alumni are encouraged to utilize the 45-minute alumni option, though the other times are also options). Further, you are welcome to email resumes, cover letters and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org for electronic review.
Job and internship opportunities as well as employer-provided virtual events will continue to be posted within Handshake. Students are encouraged to remain active in their career exploration and job/internship searches.
Get started with Handshake
Students, alumni and employers are encouraged to use Handshake, the interactive career development platform, to connect through job and internship opportunities, on-campus interviews, and career events. Students may schedule Business Career Center appointments online and access subscription-based resources through the Handshake “resources” library.
Find Out More About the Business Career Center
Expand all | Collapse all
The mission of the Business Career Center is to:
- Provide students with a well-rounded, competitive skill set that includes career coaching and applied learning experiences needed to secure a position at an employer of choice upon graduation.
- Develop strategic partnerships with employers to provide shadowing, internship, and permanent employment opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Partner with key local, regional, and national employers to understand their current and future employment needs.
- Serve as a resource to alumni, community partners, and faculty.
Hannah Lubar, Director
Katie Dougherty, Assistant Director
Jennifer Vrobel, Assistant Director
Connie Knoll, Office Associate
The Business Career Center in the College of Business Administration and Graduate School of Management at Marquette University is located in the Executive Center in O'Brien Hall. O'Brien Hall is building 81 on the campus map. The closest visitor parking to O'Brien Hall is in structure 1, on 16th street (building 55 on the campus map).
Our Campus Career Partners
- Career Services Center: The campus-wide Career Services Center serves students across colleges and majors. The CSC oversees Handshake administration, hosts the majority of on-campus interviews and coordinates career fairs. Visit the CSC website for staff profiles and office contact information.
- College of Engineering Co-Op & Internship Program: The College of Engineering Co-operative Education Program was one of the nation's first and is one of its most renowned. Learn more. The Engineering Office of Industry Relations can be reached at email@example.com.
- College of Communication: In addition to posting on Handshake, if you wish to connect with College of Communication students, please contact their internship office.
- Kinger College of Arts and Sciences: The College of Arts and Sciences has several opportunities for career education and internship coordination, including the Les Aspin Center for Government (providing academic and internship programming focused on the public policy making process). A&S students interested in internship or career planning should contact the Career Services Center. Additionally, the Marquette University Arts & Sciences Paid Internship Program provides a $1600 stipend and academic credit for up to 35 individual students each semester participating in unpaid internships (deadlines and eligibility vary. This program is funded through a grant provided by the Arthur Vining Davis Foundations.
Follow us on Instagram!