Talent Incentive Program Grant for Undergraduate Students
- Resident of Wisconsin as determined by State of Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board (HEAB)
- Undergraduate (must receive TIP as freshman to be eligible as a continuing student)
- Must demonstrate exceptional financial need/be Pell Grant eligible
- Meet low-income/disadvantaged criteria as established by state of Wisconsin
- Enrolled at least half-time
Amounts and selection process
Awards range from $800-$1,800 as an incoming freshman. Continuing student awards are determined by HEAB and based on available funding. The state of Wisconsin funds the program. The Wisconsin Educational Opportunity Program (WEOP) office and Marquette select eligible students and determine the amount of each student's grant. Entering freshman must apply and be nominated by our office or the WEOP office.
File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Additional information on criteria and the application process can be found here.
Awards are renewed annually if a student received TIP during freshman year and funds are available at the time that the application is complete. Continuing awards may be less than freshman awards. TIP can be received for a maximum of 10 terms and is only available for six years after the initial grant is awarded.