The Alternative Loan Lender Chart provides an alphabetical list of all lenders that Marquette students have used over the past five years. This is in no way exclusive or exhaustive of all existing lenders, and students are not required to select from this chart. The Office of Student Financial Aid will honor requests to certify other alternative educational loans that do not appear on the chart. Some of the questions borrowers should consider when comparing lenders include:
- What are the loan fees?
- What is the interest rate?
- What are the criteria required of me to qualify for the loan?
- How many credits of enrollment are required to receive the loan?
- Will the lender send funds electronically or by paper check?
- Will I be required to have a co-signer?
- Does the lender offer a co-signer release with borrower consecutive satisfactory on-time payments?
- When do I begin repayment on the loan?
- What repayment options are available?
In addition to general educational loans, some lending institutions may offer loans for Dental Board/Residency, Law Bar Exams, and past-due balances. Please contact the lending institution of your choice to determine whether these loans are offered.