Learn about majors and careers – network with professionals – enjoy a free lunch!
One of the best ways to learn about majors and career paths is to talk with professionals in your field of interest. Through the Business Career Center Major Lunch & Learn program, we are bringing professionals – and free lunch – to campus!
Who Should Attend?
All students with an interest in the major and career field represented in each lunch are welcome to attend. Whether you are exploring careers and eager to build additional networking relationships in your field, this lunch is a great opportunity for you!
RSVPs in Handshake (click on the links below) are appreciated to place an accurate food order. Students may also check-out the employers attending each lunch through the Handshake links below: we are continuing to invite employer guests, so check Handshake a week or two before your lunch for an accurate list.
Spring Schedule: All lunches will be held in DS 269.
- Accounting "B or Better" Lunch for students who earned a "B" or better in ACCO 1030 or 1031 in fall 2018. Dr. Kevin Rich, Accounting Department Chair, will send invitations for this Jan. 24th event.
- International Business, Wednesday, February 6, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Economics, Monday, February 25, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Information Systems, Tuesday, February 26, 11:30 a.m. - 1:03 p.m.
- Finance, Wednesday, February 27, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Lunch & Learn Sponsors
Frequently Asked Questions
- Dress Code: Business casual is appropriate. The professionals appreciate that you are attending between classes.
- Is it ok if I can’t attend for the full lunch program? Absolutely! We scheduled the lunches to span class schedules. Hopefully, you can attend before or after your classes.
- Bring a Resume? The Lunch & Learns are more netowrking focused, so if you want to stay in touch with a professional after the event, ask for his/her card and/or connect through LinkedIn.