- Mentor Program
- Support the Business Career Center
Login to Handshake
For more information
• Contact the Business Career Center
• e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call: (414) 288-7927
• Visit us in person: Straz Hall 277
• For campus-wide career resources, contact the MU Career Services Center
Support sophomore and junior business students by sharing your career insights. The Mentor Program is co-sponsored by the Marquette University Business Administration Alumni Association and the Business Career Center. Each year, 300+ students and professionals participate and build productive relationships. Mentors are Marquette alumni and friends who are business leaders in Milwaukee and Chicago area firms. Resources are available to support new and returning mentors in their mentoring role with College of Business Administration students.
Become a Mentor
- Mentor applications for 2021-2022 are open! Please submit your application via the following link:
- Please complete this form to be added to the outreach list for 2022-2023
- I would like to learn about additional mentoring opportunities at Marquette University
- Mentor Program page for students
About the Mentor Program
- Mentors and students engage in a one-year relationship during the sophomore year
- Professionals may mentor one or multiple students
- Mentors and proteges meet monthly for one hour during the academic year
- Alumni or friends of Marquette welcome
- Minimum five years of professional work experience
- Current employment preferred, but not required
- Employed in Southeastern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois
Time Commitment & Events
Monthly Communication: Students Drive the Relationship
It is expected that the mentor and student protégé meet a minimum of one time per month for one hour during the Fall and Spring semesters. Each student protégé is responsible for driving this program – meaning that the student needs to take an active role in contacting his/her mentor and planning meeting times.
Annual events have traditionally included a kick-off (October), breakfast (February) and end of year celebration (April). In 2021-22, we will pursue a hybrid approach and offer both in-person and virtual events.
With an increasing number of students participating each year, new mentors are always welcome. By providing a colleague’s information through the link below, the Business Career Center staff will send information about the Mentor Program and an invitation to participate.
- Mentor Recommendation Form
- Email your network: sample outreach email
- Post to LinkedIn: sample mentor recruitment post
Support for the mentor program is provided by the Business Career Center, Marquette University Business Administration Alumni Association (MUBAAA), Direct Supply, and Uline.
Mentor Program Contacts
Business Career Center Staff