MA in Corporate Communication
Learn 100% online or blend in-person and online courses.
Communication is increasingly considered an executive-level function in organizations around the world. Many companies now have a chief communication officer (CCO) position, which is typically responsible for identity and reputation management, corporate social responsibility, financial communication and investor relations, executive communication, government relations, internal communication, and more.
Marquette’s unique interdisciplinary program is one of a few in the nation that combines public relations fundamentals and communication theory with an advanced business education to prepare professionals for executive-level communication roles in an increasingly complex communication landscape.
for APR certificate holders
Start your application
Tuition and Financial Aid
Accreditation in Public Relations
The 30 credit-hour program combines coursework from the Diederich College of Communication and the Graduate School of Management. Courses include:
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Organizational Communication
- Corporate Advocacy
- Financial Communication and Investor Relations
- Accounting and Finance for the Non-Financial Manager
- Economic Foundations for Marketing Decisions
- Leading People and Change
- Leadership Coaching and Development
- Leadership Elective
- International Elective
This program has rolling admission, which means you may apply any time before the following dates:
- Fall term admissions – August 1 (June 1 for international applicants)
- Spring term admissions – December 15 (October 15 for international applicants)
The application requires the following:
- A completed online application form and $50 fee, waived if you attend an online info session
- Official transcripts from all current and previous colleges except Marquette1
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Official test scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Exam (GRE). See the GMAT/GRE Waiver policy to see if you're eligible for a waiver
- Essay questions on the application form
- Resume or job profile
- Two letters of recommendation are optional
- Possible interview
Additional requirements for international students:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English proficiency
- Possible interview
1 Upon admission, final official transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities, with certified English translations if original language is not English, must be submitted to the Graduate School within the first five weeks of the term of admission or a hold preventing registration for future terms will be placed on the student’s record.
Tuition:$1,205 per credit for 2020-2021
For a comprehensive listing of merit-based aid (graduate assistantships/fellowships), visit the financial aid webpage. Private scholarships may also be available. U.S. citizens and permanent residents may be eligible to apply for need-based federal aid (loans) to help fund their educational expenses as well.
For students who have successfully completed the Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) professional certification, the equivalent of two courses (six academic credit hours) may be applied toward a Master’s of Arts in Corporate Communication. This can be completed before you enter or during the program. The two-course waiver recognizes the mastery of strategic communication practice, competencies, and ethical standards achieved by those holding the APR—internationally recognized for more than 50 years as the industry standard in credentials for public relations professionals.
The communication competencies recognized in the APR align with the learning outcomes of master’s level courses. Students are admitted to the program on a rolling basis throughout the year. Upon acceptance to the program, students with the APR certification can waive the following two courses and this will be reflected on your record after completing the first 9 credits of the CCOM degree:
o Communication Consulting (CMST 6600/5600)
o Corporate Advocacy (CCOM 6700/5700)
This option saves you both time and money!