Adviser Guide to CheckMarq
CheckMarq is an integrated system designed for advisers, faculty, staff and students. The username and password given to you by Information Technology Services — contact at (414) 288-7799 or email@example.com — provides you with the appropriate access to securely access advisee information. After you log in to CheckMarq, click or tap Advisor Center.
The Advisor Center provides a concise view of information pertaining to your advisees, including their class schedules, grades, majors/minors and test/transfer credits.
To view a list of your advisees, click or tap My Advisees in the Advisor Center. The advisees will appear in alphabetical order. You may view photos by using the ‘Include Photos in List’ button. You may click or tap a student’s name to directly e-mail that particular student. Or, you may check the Notify boxes to the left of the ID numbers on the list, followed by the Notify Selected Advisees button at the bottom of the list to e-mail selected advisees. Lastly, you may click or tap the Notify All Advisees button to e-mail all of your advisees at one time.
View Students' Pages
If you wish to view many of the same pages your advisees see in their CheckMarq accounts, click or tap View Student Details to the right of an advisee’s name. Alternatively, you may click or tap the Student Center tab near the top of the page. Both options offer the following:
- My Class schedule displays a student's current schedule, including primary instructors for each class
- Shopping Cart contains classes students select from the current Schedule of Classes. Advisees may wish to discuss their classes with you, or may be waiting for their appointment time before registering for classes in the Shopping Cart.
- My Planner contains courses student select from the Course Catalog. An advisee may select courses for future planning, and may wish to discuss the courses with you. Students may add courses to their planner via CheckMarq any time.
- Schedule planner allows students to create their individual class schedule before registering in CheckMarq.
The "other academic" items listed in the drop-down menu allows you to view
- Academic Requirements for graduations including the Degree Progress and Graduation Checklist reports (not available for Law, Dental or Graduate Students).
- Final and Mid Term (if applicable) grades
- Unofficial Transcripts
In addition to the My Advisees and Student Center tabs, several other tabs in the Advisor Center offer useful information
- General Info: includes contact information for your advisees, as well as any holds which may prevent registration, release of official transcripts or student affairs sanctions for your advisees.
- Transfer Credit: includes advisee transfer courses and test credit data.
- Academics: includes cumulative and term credit hour, grade and grade point average data. Click or tap the term you wish to review on the left, under Term Summary.