Viewing a Student's Math Placement Level
Marquette University requires an ALEKS Placement, Preparation and Learning (ALEKS PPL) Assessment to determine readiness for any calculus course. ALEKS PPL is a web-based program that uses artificial intelligence to map a student’s strengths and weaknesses.
Additional information can be found on the Math Placement Assessment policy website.
- ALEKS scores are automatically loaded into CheckMarq within 24 hours of a student's completion of a placement assessment in ALEKS.
- A placement level is generated in CheckMarq once an ALEKS score exists in the system.
- If a student completes multiple assessments in ALEKS, only the highest placement level will appear in CheckMarq although all scores can be viewed in the system.
Instructions are below on how administrative staff and advisers can access view a math placement level for a student in CheckMarq.
- Login to CheckMarq.
- Math placement levels can be viewed on the Student Center page.
Advisers should click on the Advisor Center link on their CheckMarq homepage, then select the View My Advisees option.
Administrative staff should select the Campus Community menu option on their CheckMarq homepage, then select the Student Services Center page.
- Once on the Student Center page, the math placement level can be viewed in the Milestones section that appears in the righthand column of the page. Click the "Details" link to view the student's placement level.
- The milestone level will display the MATH courses the student is eligible to take in the calculus sequence based on their placement score. The math placement level will be based on the student's highest ALEKS test score, regardless of when it was completed.
Also see the How Do I Complete My Math Placement Assessement web page for students.