- Online Course Development
- Online Program Development
- Digital Learning Team
- Contact Us
- For questions about online teaching or course design, submit your questions to the Distance Learning Helpdesk portal.
PROBLEM WITH THIS WEBPAGE?
To report another problem, please contact email@example.com.
D2L QUICK STEP-BY-STEP GUIDES
- iClicker Classic resources for D2L integration
- D2L Overview
This introductory guide covers: (1) Creating your profile; (2) Creating and deleting News Items; (3) Setting up notifications; (4) Creating modules and sub-modules; (5) Uploading documents to the content area and (6) deleting content.
- D2L Copying Materials from a Previous Course
A quick guide on how to copy materials from a previous course to a different one.
- Using D2L Gradebook Tool
This guide covers: (1) Setting up your Gradebook using the Setup Wizard; (2) Creating grade categories; (3) Creating grade items; (4) Entering grades; (5) Deleting categories and grade items and (6) Calculating final grades.
- D2L Discussions Tool
An introductory guide to discussions that covers: (1) Create a discussion forum; (2) Create a topic in a discussion forum; (3) Edit forums and topics; (4) Delete discussion forums, topics, and threads and (5) Assessing a topic.
- D2L Dropbox Tool
Get acquainted with the D2L Dropbox with this introductory guide that covers: (1) Create folders and categories in the Dropbox; (2) Edit a folder; (3) Delete a folder and (4) View and evaluate student submissions.
- Students with accommodations through the Office of Disability Services (ODS) may request additional time on quizzes. Instructors can provide this access through the Special Access feature.
- D2L Rubrics Tool
A quick guide to the Rubrics tool in D2L covering: (1) types of rubrics in D2L; (2) creating an analytic rubric; (3) creating a holistic rubric; (4) editing rubrics; (5) deleting rubrics.
- D2L Quizzing Tool
A quick guide on the Quiz feature in D2L covering: (1) Use the Question Library to create a question bank; (2) Create quizzes; (3) Edit and delete quizzes and (4) Grade quizzes.
• D2L Quiz FAQs
- Guide to Using D2L with JAWS
An introductory guide on how to navigate D2L using the JAWS screen reader that covers: (1) Logging into D2L; (2) Configuring D2L Account Settings; (3) Navigation Content; (4) Navigating Quizzes.
- How to Archive Your Course
Archive Materials from a past course to a zip file.
- Quick Eval
Quick Eval is a new tool found on the D2L home page that will allow instructors access to their unevaluated submissions for grading in all active courses.
- Online Rooms is a collaboration platform using web conferencing (Skype for Business)
• Student Guide
• Instructor Guide
- D2L Analytics
This guide will show instructors how to find analytics within their course, organized by the D2L tools.
D2L VIDEO TUTORIALS
- Understanding the Grades Tool - Instructor
- Points Based Gradebook: Creating Categories
- Points-Based and Weighted Gradebooks: Creating Grade Items
Quizzes: The Question Library
- Creating Sections in the Question Library
- Creating Questions: Common Elements: Part 1
- Creating Questions: Common Elements: Part 2
- Creating True or False Questions
- Creating Multiple Choice Questions
- Creating Fill in the Blanks Questions
- Creating Matching Questions
- Quizzes: An Introduction
- Quizzes: Setting up Properties
- Importing Questions to a Quiz from the Question Library and Adding Bonus Questions
- Creating Random Sections and Editing the Question Layout
- Quizzes: Setting up Restrictions and Attempts
For questions on D2L, please contact the Instructional Technologist, Christina Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org