- Online Course Development
- Online Program Development
- Program Guidelines
- Accessible Technology
- Digital Learning Team
- Contact Us
- For questions about online teaching or course design, submit your questions to the Distance Learning Helpdesk portal.
PROBLEM WITH THIS WEBPAGE?
To report another problem, please contact email@example.com.
The following are guides for using the features built into D2L. For information on how to use external add-ons or plugins with D2L, please refer to the D2L Add-Ons page.
System Check to determine if browser is supported.
- D2L Overview
The overview covers: (1) Creating your profile; (2) Creating and deleting News Items; (3) Setting up notifications; (4) Creating modules; (5) Uploading content
- How to Edit Course Dates
- The Department of Digital Learning has created a course template to help you build your online and blended courses in D2L. The course template is customizable and includes examples and suggestions on how to organize content.
- D2L Copying Materials from a Previous Course
A quick guide on how to copy materials from a previous course to a different one.
- Tips: D2L News, Calendar, Dropbox
Uploading Content into D2L
- D2L Quizzing Tool
Create formative and summative assessments using Quizzes. For example, low stakes practice quizzes can be helpful for students to master content and prepare for the next assessment.
- Students with accommodations through the Office of Disability Services (ODS) may request additional time on quizzes. Instructors can provide this access through the a new way using the Edit Accommodations feature in the Classlist.
- D2L Quiz FAQs
- Enabling Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor in D2L Quizzes
- Student guide to Written Response with LockDown
Quiz Question Pool
The Grades tool provides grade transparency. Students will be able to check grades across all required assignments in one location.
The Survey tool is used to obtain student feedback.
- D2L Discussions Tool
An introductory guide to discussions that covers: (1) Create a discussion forum; (2) Create a topic in a discussion forum; (3) Edit forums and topics; (4) Delete discussion forums, topics, and threads and (5) Assessing a topic.
- Creating Groups in D2L
- D2L Dropbox Tool
Create submission folders for student assignments. The Turnitin plagiarism checker is integrated in the Dropbox tool. For the new Dropbox experience, it is located in Evaluation and Feedback. For the old Dropbox experience, it is located in the Turnitin tab of the Edit Folder page. For further information about Turnitin click here.
D2L QUICK STEP-BY-STEP GUIDES
- D2L Rubrics Tool
A quick guide to the Rubrics tool in D2L covering: (1) types of rubrics in D2L; (2) creating an analytic rubric; (3) creating a holistic rubric; (4) editing rubrics; (5) deleting rubrics.
- How to Archive Your Course
Archive Materials from a past course to a zip file.
- Quick Eval
Quick Eval is a tool found on the D2L home page and course level that will allow instructors access to their unevaluated submissions for grading in all active courses.
- D2L Analytics
This guide will show instructors how to find analytics within their course, organized by the D2L tools.
D2L VIDEO TUTORIALS
- Understanding the Grades Tool - Instructor
- Points Based Gradebook: Creating Categories
- Points-Based and Weighted Gradebooks: Creating Grade Items
Quizzes: The Question Library
- Creating Sections in the Question Library
- Creating Questions: Common Elements: Part 1
- Creating Questions: Common Elements: Part 2
- Creating True or False Questions
- Creating Multiple Choice Questions
- Creating Fill in the Blanks Questions
- Creating Matching Questions
- Quizzes: An Introduction
- Quizzes: Setting up Properties
- Importing Questions to a Quiz from the Question Library and Adding Bonus Questions
- Creating Random Sections and Editing the Question Layout
- Quizzes: Setting up Restrictions and Attempts
Materials, such as Word documents and PowerPoints uploaded to D2L should also comply with accessibility standards.
For questions on D2L, submit your questions to the Distance Learning Helpdesk portal.