Graduate Certificate in Leadership
The leadership certificate program is designed for working professionals who are preparing themselves for leadership positions in government, corporations or not-for-profit organizations around the globe. It balances practical skills with a value-based foundation, making you a better leader wherever you choose to go!
- Apply the discipline of leadership to creatively engage the community in meeting its challenges.
- Identify an ethical issue and apply ethical principles, values, theories or frameworks to leadership practice.
- Possess the cultural and communication skills necessary to interact in a reciprocal exchange that honors the human dignity of all persons.
- Apply theory and principles of group dynamics in assuming multiple group roles and responsibilities.
- The graduate certificate program requires completion of five courses (15 credit hours) from a prescribed list of LEDR courses.
- In addition to class time, be prepared to spend an average of 12 hours a week on course work outside of class for every three-credit course.
- On average, the program is completed in one to two years. The certificate must be completed within three years.
- After completing the graduate certificate program, you may choose to apply 6 of your credits earned to Marquette's master in leadership degree.
Required - 15 credits