- Download and access Microsoft Teams
- Switch on New Meeting Experience
- Recommended Teams headsets and devices
- Join a Teams Online Class or Meeting
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Share a PowerPoint in a Teams Meeting
- Create polls and surveys in Teams
- Upcoming and recent Teams features
- Instructors: Request Teams Sites for Courses
- Instructors: Taking Attendance in Teams
- Using Microsoft Teams sites
- Troubleshooting your home internet
Instructors: How to notify students of online class sessions
There are several ways to inform students about the "Join Microsoft Teams Meeting" link for online class sessions.
- If you used the D2L Teams Meeting Widget to create your online class session/meeting, that online meeting will not appear on your calendar. Note the D2L Teams Meeting Widget instructions include steps to send a Classlist email to students and/or post a News Item with meeting details. If you used the D2L Teams Meeting Widget to make a meeting, but you did not keep nor share the meeting details, simply create another online class session/meeting. Then follow the student notification steps in the instructions.
- If you did not use the D2L Teams Meeting widget, go to your calendar in Outlook on the Web Calendar, Microsoft Outlook calendar or Microsoft Teams calendar.
- Double-click to fully open the specific calendar event item for your online class session/meeting. If you single-click, a pop-up preview of the event may appear, and the preview may not show you what you need.
- From the event item in your calendar, copy the Join Microsoft Teams Meeting link, the call-in number and Conference ID.
- Confirm you copied the correct course section's online class meeting.
- Login into D2L. Use D2L's class list feature to email the online class session/meeting information to all your students.
Watch this brief video below for the D2L Class List email segment — starting at the 1-minute, 33-second mark — to inform students of the online class session details.
Please contact the IT Services Help Desk for questions about Microsoft Teams.