Our fully online Master of Science in Finance program offers courses in corporate finance, investments, fintech, banking and real estate along with interdisciplinary offerings in accounting and economics. In addition to becoming a more proficient finance professional, you’ll learn cutting-edge fintech skills like blockchain technology and AI for finance and have an opportunity to learn programming languages including Python, SQL and R. You’ll also complete a year-long, in-depth professional capstone project as part of the program.
Broaden your career options
- Gain the technical skills you need to compete in the job market, and the communications skills to stand out among peers
- Understand how your values play a role in being an effective professional with our corporate responsibility and ethics-focused curriculum
- Get a balance of academic and applied knowledge as you learn from the same expert faculty that teaches our nationally ranked undergraduate finance program
- Choose an optional focus in one of four finance areas: Corporate Finance, Investments, Commercial Banking or Real Estate
- Be better prepared for CFA exams
Start your application
Tuition and Financial Aid
This program has rolling admission, which means you may apply any time before the following dates:
- Fall term admissions – August 1
- Spring term admissions – December 15
- Summer term admissions - April 15
The application requires the following:
- A completed or nearly-completed bachelor's degree. A completed bachelor's degree will be needed prior to matriculation into the program.
- Learning equivalent to an undergraduate introduction to finance course is needed for successful program preparation. Therefore:
- Applicants who have completed at least a college-level introduction to finance course are well-qualified to apply.
- Applicants who have not competed a college-level introduction to finance course may be considered for conditional program acceptance. Within the semester of conditional acceptance, students will complete MBA 6060 - Business Essentials Finance, which is offered online within the fall, spring and summer semesters. If the student earns a B or better in MBA 6060, they will enter degree status for the MS in Finance program within the following semester.
- A completed online application form and $50 fee. The fee is waived if you attend an online info session.
- Official transcripts from all current and previous colleges except Marquette1
- Minimum GPA 2.75
- For applicants with a GPA below 3.000, official test scores from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Records Exam (GRE). See the GMAT/GRE policy. Marquette's GMAT/GRE institution code is: 1448
- Regardless of undergraduate GPA, the GMAT/GRE may be requested and required if the applicant’s educational history does not include at least one college level course in basic statistics and one college level course in calculus or if the grade earned in either course is below a B-.
- Essay questions on the application form
- Resume or job profile
- Two letters of recommendation are optional
- Possible interview
Additional requirements for international students.
Please note that the MS in Finance is currently a fully online program and not aligned with study in the U.S. through a F-1 visa. If international students wish to complete online MS in Finance courses outside the U.S., an application is welcome.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official TOEFL score or other acceptable proof of English proficiency
- Possible interview
- Transcript evaluated by a transcript evaluation service. Within the online application, applicants may provide a copy of the transcript evaluation received. Marquette accepts course-by-course evaluations from the services listed below. If admitted, final official transcript evaluations must be sent to the Marquette University Graduate School directly from the transcript evaluation service used for your course-by-course evaluation.